Protein pancakes are one of my favourite quick, easy breakfasts. I love the fact that there are so many different variations of this simple recipe (sweet & savoury!). Over the next couple of weeks i'll try and share some of these with you, thought i'd start with my breakfast this morning - blueberry yoghurt pancakes! I make these using a vanilla whey protein but if you don't have a protein powder you can still make them, just add 1/2tsp vanilla extract & 1tsp stevia instead.
Macros per serving:
375kcal / 48g protein / 31g carbs / 6g fat / 4g fibre
100g egg whites
30g oats (regular of gluten free)
50g blueberries (I use frozen blueberries for this recipe)
170g fat free greek yoghurt (I use Fage Total 0%)
20g vanilla protein powder (I used 1 scoop of Genetic bio whey protein)
1/2 tsp coconut oil (to cook in)
1. Blend together egg whites, protein powder, oats & half of the greek yoghurt until smooth.
2. Defrost blueberries in microwave for 30secs.
3. Preheat coconut oil in non stick pan on medium heat - pour in pancake mix.
4. Just before flipping sprinkle in half of the blueberries. Flip & cook other side until completely cooked through.
5. Serve with remaining greek yoghurt & blueberries.
Tip: For perfect pancakes make sure the heat is not too high - this will stop the pancake sticking or burning on the outside before the middle is cooked through. You'll know when it's time to flip the pancake when you wobble the pan & the mix looks stable & "jelly like" i.e. no longer really runny on top.