Another under 100kcal recipe!
Inspired by the chocolate cherry dessert, black forest gateau, these rich, gooey protein balls are a delicious healthier alternative to a chocolate bar or cake!
Serving - Makes10 balls
Macros per ball:
71kcal / 5g protein / 7.6g carbs / 2.3g fat / 1g fibre
50g dried black cherries (I got mine from Asda)
30g oats (regular or gluten free)
40g chocolate OR vanilla protein powder (I actually use vanilla as I think it makes the mix sweeter)
20g unsweetened cocoa powder
30g "Choc Shot" syrup (found in hot chocolate section of supermarket)
1. Soak cherries in boiling water for 10-15 minutes (or until soft, plump & squidgy).
2. Place oats & almonds in blender/food processor & blend into "flour".
3. Add all remaining ingredients & 2tbsp of the cherry water.
4. Blend until mix sticks together, spoon out & roll into balls.
5. Place in fridge for 30mins to harden.
6. Eat! :-)
Tip: The mix may be very sticky when first blended. To avoid messy fingers pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes before rolling into balls.