One of the perks of the supermarkets stocking all of the Easter products nice & early....the Creme Eggs are out!
Creme Eggs are definitely one of my favourite Easter treats so I thought i'd see if I could find a way of getting them into a protein cake. I adapted my cookie dough cake fingers & voila! A creme egg fix with 8g protein & only 115 calories per slice. It's gluten free too. :-)
Servings: Makes 10 squares
Macros per square*:
115 calories / 8g protein / 14g carbs / 3g fat / 2g fibre
*May vary slightly depending on ingredients used
1 tin chickpeas (240g drained & rinsed well)
60g vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cashew butter
20g Choc Shot (available in hot chocolate aisle of supermarket)
50ml milk of choice (I used semi-skimmed cow's milk)
2 tbsp water
5 mini Cadbury's Creme Eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a square baking tin with non-stick baking paper (the wider the tin the thinner the cake slices).
3. In a food processor blend chickpeas into "flour".
4. Add protein powder, honey, cashew butter, stevia, milk, water & vanilla extract & blend into a thick batter (mix should be thick but pourable, if it looks too thick to pour add a little more water/milk).
5. Pour mix into baking tin & squeeze in Choc Shot to create marble effect throughout cake.
6. Place cake in oven for 8 minutes (whilst cake is in oven slice Mini Creme Eggs in half).
8. Remove cake from oven & push in Creme Egg halves (bear in mind you have 10 halfs and want to make 10 slices so think about how/where you are going to cut the cake so that each slice gets a bit of egg!)
9. Return to oven for 10 minutes (or until a fork pressed into the middle of the cake comes out clean).
10. Place on a wire rack to cool.
11. Slice & enjoy! :-)