I thought I'd try my hand at something new so I made my first batch of protein waffles using my new waffle maker. If you don't have a waffle maker you can use a waffle tray, available online or from most baking shops.
I can confirm they were delicious! So much so that i've already created a list of 15 flavour combinations I plan to make.
These ones were red velvet flavour & were topped with delicious milk chocolate chips, light cream & sliced strawberries (as I now have a few more fats to play with than I did previously!) but i've put the macros below for just the base waffles in case you want them plain to save on calories. Or you can make a "skinnier" version using fat free Greek Yoghurt & Choc Shot (trust me they'll still be as delicious!).
Servings: Makes 1 large waffle
Macros (without toppings but with Glaze):
389kcal / 42g protein/ 31g carbs / 8.5g fat / 10g fibre
Macros (with toppings & Glaze):
492kcal / 43g protein/ 41g carbs / 15g fat / 10.5g fibre
30g chocolate protein powder
20g coconut flour (I use one by Tiana)
15g Nesquick chocolate powder
80g egg whites
30g Apple Sauce (I used Waitrose Essentials)
25ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
1 small egg
Low calorie Cooking Spray (I used "Fry Light" Coconut Spray)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla protein powder
2tsp milk (of choice)
100g chopped strawberries
15g milk chocolate chips
12.5g Anchor Light Squirty Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180c or preheat waffle maker as per instructions.
2. Place all waffle ingredients into a blender & mix until thick.
3. Spoon mix into donut maker & cook for 3 minutes. If using a donut mould spray using 1 calorie cooking spray & place in oven for approx 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make up glaze (if it looks too thick/lumpy add a tiny bit of water but be careful it doesn't go too runny!).
5. Remove waffles from maker/oven & top as desired.
6. Eat! :-)