So continuing with the "favourite things within a coffee shop" theme I thought i'd recreate another classic - coffee & walnut cake. Unlike a regular 500 calorie chunk this one contains just 210 calories a slice & is gluten free too.
Servings: Makes 6 slices
Macros per slice: 210kcal / 14.5g protein / 11g carbs / 11g fat
100g oat flour (blend oats in a mixer until fine)
60g protein powder of choice (I used vanilla but any coffee/caramel flavour works well too)
60g egg whites
50g chopped walnuts
2 shots espresso
15g sweetener of choice (I used Sukrin Gold)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 shot espresso
50g Sugar free icing sugar (I used one by Sukrin - available in Sainsburys & Tesco)
1 tsp vanilla protein powder
20ml milk of choice
30g extra light cream cheese (I used Philadelphia lightest)
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Place all "cake" ingredients (except the walnuts) into a food processor/mixer & mix well.
3. Stir in the walnuts by hand.
4. Spray 2 sandwich cake tins with 1 calorie cooking spray (I used Fry Light butter spray).
5. Pour the mix into the tins & bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make up the frosting by mixing all of the "frosting" ingredients together in a bowl & place in the fridge to "firm up".
6. Remove cakes & place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Spread the frosting onto the top of one of the cakes & sandwich the other on top of it.
9. Cover the top of the cake with more frosting & decorate with extra walnuts (if desired).
10. Slice & eat! :-)