Inspired by one of my favourite flavour Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bars I thought i'd have a go at recreating my own version so I have something to eat between Grenade orders.
This bar uses dark chocolate coated coffee beans to give the sweet white chocolate flavour a delicious mocha hit.
Servings: Makes 5 bars (Can be cut into smaller snack size chunks if desired)
Macros per bar: 245kcal / 15g protein / 37g carbs / 4g fat / 2g fibre
80g oats (regular or gluten free)
200g LIGHT condensed milk
60g white chocolate (or vanilla protein powder)
25g chocolate coated espresso beans (can substitute for regular chocolate chips if preferred)
1 shot espresso
Optional - icing pen to decorate
1. In a blender or food processor grind oats & protein powder into a flour.
2. Set half of the coffee beans aside. Add the remaining beans, condensed milk & espresso shot into the food processor & mix until stuck together. Add the milk a TINY bit at a time (the mix should be thick like cookie dough).
3. Place mix in a square tin of choice, lined with baking paper or cling film (for easy removal). I use a disposable foil brownie tray, available in most supermarkets when I make these to save washing up!
4. Flatten mix so top is smooth, sprinkle the remaining coffee beans on top & press them in using the back of a spoon. Decorate as desired with icing pen.
5. Allow the bars to harden in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
6. Slice & eat within 3 days :-)