When flapjack meets cake.
Back to baking this week using one of my favourite ingredients, apples. This is a variation on my no-bake apple flapjacks so if you have the ingredients for that you'll already have most of the stuff you need to make this one! I've used vanilla protein powder in mine to make it a bit sweeter & give an extra protein hit but if you prefer you can leave this out & substitute for 1 tsp vanilla extract & 2 tsp stevia.
Servings - Makes 12 portions
Macros per portion:
129kcal / 5g protein / 18g carbs / 4g fat / 2g fibre
250g peeled & chopped bramley (or other cooking apple)
180g oats (regular or gluten free)
40g vanilla protein powder of choice
50g pecan halves
2 tbsp honey or agave
2 tsp stevia
1 tbsp cinamon
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Stew apple chunks in a pan or microwave (add 2 tbsp water & cook until apple turns to apple sauce).
3. In a mixing bowl mix all other ingredients & add apple (mixture should be quite wet from apple).
4. Line a baking tin with baking paper & pour in mixture.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes (or until knife place in middle comes out clean).
6. Place on a wire rack to cool then cut into 12 equal pieces.
7. Eat! :-)