It's been a little while since I played with my donut maker (largely due to a lack of time now TEAM BOX have moved into our new office!) but I've finally got round to writing up this delicious recipe.
I've also just started a new YouTube Channel to share my food diary across the next 4 weeks as I diet for my upcoming holiday. If you fancy having a nose at what I'm eating every day CLICK HERE to be taken to my channel as I'll be sharing everything. I'll also be uploading full training videos soon too.
Anyway - back to banoffee. These delicious banana flavoured donuts are topped with a caramel sauce. However, this is caramel with a difference, the sauce is made using dates (this keeps the recipe higher in fibre & a little healthier) but if you fancy being more indulgent you could always use some caramel ice cream sauce instead.
I invested in a donut maker to make these but you can make them using a regular donut mould in the oven if preferred.
Servings: Makes 10 mini donuts (may vary depending on size of mould).
Macros per donut: 76kcal / 6g protein / 11g carbs / 1.2g fat
40g coconut flour
25g banana protein powder
1 small banana (approx 75g)
80g egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
80g pitted dates
100ml hot water
Banana slices (optional)
1. Make caramel sauce - soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes before blending until a creamy caramel is formed - if needed add more hot water a tbsp at a time until thick & smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 180c (or preheat donut maker as per instructions if using one).
3. Place all donut ingredients in a blender & mix until thick.
4. Spoon mix into donut maker & cook for 3 minutes. If using a donut mould spray using 1 calorie cooking spray (such as Fry Light Butter Spray) & place in oven for approx 25 minutes.
5. Allow donuts to cool & glaze with the caramel sauce & top with a slice of banana. (or enjoy them warm in a bowl!)
6. Eat! :-)