An ENTIRE loaf for just 600 calories.
This has to be one of my favourite recipes yet!
I decided to bake this recipe on Sunday afternoon after spending the morning in a coffee shop eyeballing a similar looking cake.
For a protein loaf this one is super moist, tasty & delicious. In the whole thing there's a decent 59g protein & 12g fibre too.
Servings: Makes 5 slices
Macros per slice: 121kcal / 10g protein / 16g carbs / 2g fat / 2g fibre
40g Almond Flour (I used one by Sukrin)
30g banana or vanilla protein powder
1 large ripe banana (the riper the better)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
30g dried apricots (chopped)
30g dates (chopped)
100ml milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 tbsp reduced sugar apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. In a food processor or mixer, mix together almond flour, protein powder, egg, baking powder & milk until a thick cake batter is formed. (Mix should be thick but still pourable - add a little extra water if needed).
4. Stir in the chopped dates & apricots by hand & pour mix into lined tin.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-14 minutes or until a fork pressed in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove cake from tin & place on a wire rack to cool - As cake is cooling glaze the top with the jam.
8. Allow cake to cool fully or enjoy warm!