If you've followed my last couple of recipes you will know I've recently discovered a new low calorie chocolate spread that has transformed the taste & calorie count of my chocolate recipes.
This week I put it to the test in the form of donuts & it did not let me down!
These donuts are only 20 calories each. Now because they are low fat I wouldn't recommend eating them without the glaze as they may be a little dry but if you don't fancy the glaze then they're fab served warm with a little low calorie ice cream....I personally recommend Halo Top... it's recently come to the UK & I can honestly say for the calorie difference I wouldn't bother with Ben & Jerrys again.
Remember, like all of my protein recipes the quality of the protein powder you use will dramatically change the end result. I covered this as well as the donut maker & tray I use in my most recent YouTube video.
In fact (life update) after posting that video my absolute favourite protein brand - Genetic Supplements got in touch & have generously offered a discount code. I recommend their chocolate bio whey powder in this recipe - to get yours at a discounted price click HERE.
Servings: Will vary depending on size of donut mould - I used a mini donut tray from Lakeland for these & got 23 servings.
Macros per serving: (Glaze adds approx 3kcal per donut).
17kcal / 2g protein / 1g carbs / 0.5g fat
30g oats (I used Ready Brek)
30g Chocolate Protein Powder - Available
40g Nut Choc Spread - Available HERE
2 medium eggs
30ml milk of choice (I used Alpro unsweetened almond milk)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp orange extract (I bought mine in the baking section at Waitrose)
Optional: 1 scoop Chocolate Cookies low cal baking powder - available HERE (it's not essential but it really improves the recipe in my opinion!)
Glaze: (or use Choc Shot by Sweet Freedom if preferred!)
1 tbsp Sukrin low calorie icing sugar
1 scoop Chocolate Cookies low cal baking powder - available HERE
1/4tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp water
To make glaze:
Mix all ingredients in a small glass & place in fridge for 1 hour to "set" (thicken).
1. Preheat oven to 180c & spray a donut mould with 1 calorie cooking spray (I used Fry Light coconut spray). If using a donut maker pre heat & spray accordingly.
2. In a food processor, grind the oats into a fine flour & add the protein powder, orange extract, baking powder, eggs, milk & (optional) Franky's Bakery powder.
3. Melt the chocolate spread in the microwave for approx 30 seconds - you want it to be runny but be careful it doesn't burn!
4. Add the melted chocolate spread & mix all ingredients into a thick batter.
5. Pour batter into donut mould & bake in oven for 5-10 minutes (depending on size of rings).
6. Remove from oven & place on a wire rack to cool or enjoy warm with ice cream.
7. Eat! :-)