Another quick no bake recipe using one of my favourite things - stewed apples! I've made this recipe into little bite sized pieces for a 100kcal treat but if you prefer a bigger flajack just slice it into larger bits. These ones are gluten free & suitable for vegans too!
Serving Size - Makes 12:
Macros per serving:
100kcal / 2g protein / 15.8g carbs / 3g fat / 2g fibre
200g oats (regular or gluten free)
150g peeled & chopped apple (bramley apple works best in this)
10g pecan halves
1tbsp honey or agave
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp stevia
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Stew apple chunks in a pan or microwave (add 2 tbsp water & cook until apple turns to apple sauce).
2. Stir coconut oil into warm apple sauce until melted - add cinnamon & stevia.
3. Stir in oats & sultanas - don't worry if mix seems a little dry (if anything this is what you want as oats will soften through moisture drawn out from the apple).
4. Press mixture firmly into a tin (I used a tin with a removable bottom for easy removal of the flapjack).
5. Push pecan halves into top of flapjack for decoration.
6. Place in fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
7. Serve at room temperature.