After the success of the Creme Egg Protein Cake, I thought i'd have another go at another diet friendly Easter Recipe & came up with these brownies.
Like the Creme Egg cake they're flourless so are suitable for those who can't have gluten too. They're also under 100 calories a piece.
Servings: Makes 16 brownies
Macros per brownie:
89kcal / 5g protein / 11g carbs / 3g fat / 1g fibre
240g tin chickpeas (drained, rinsed well & blended into flour)
60g chocolate protein powder (casein works best in this as whey can go a bit dry when baked)
2 tbsp cashew butter
20g cocoa powder (I used Green & Blacks Organic)
90g Cadbury's Mini Eggs
30g Choc Shot (available in hot chocolate aisle of supermarket)
50ml milk of choice (I used semi-skimmed cows milk)
3/4 tsp baking powder
Water - as needed
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a square baking tin with non-stick baking paper (the wider the tin the thinner the cake slices).
3. In a food processor blend chickpeas into "flour".
4. Add all ingredients except for Mini Eggs & blend into a thick batter (mix should be thick but pourable, if it looks too thick to pour add a little more water/milk).
5. Pour mix into baking tin & squeeze in Choc Shot to create marble effect throughout cake.
6. Place cake in oven for 8 minutes.
8. Remove cake from oven & push in Mini Eggs (think about how you are going to cut the cake so each slice gets a Mini Egg or two!)
9. Return to oven for 5 minutes (brownies should still be a bit gooey in the middle when they come out).
10. Place on a wire rack to cool (or slice immediately & enjoy warm!). :-)