Inspired by one of my clients who has recently introduced me to courgette oats I thought i'd create a make ahead breakfast (or mid morning coffee snack) that can be eaten anywhere. It's super quick to make & contains less than 100 calories a piece too!
If you've not tried courgette oats they're a must - finely grate courgette into your oats & cook as usual with your favourite protein powder. I promise you can't taste it it just makes it thick & creamy & means you get a much bigger bowl for a lot less calories! I use a ratio of 40g oats to 150g courgette.
Anyway... back to the cake. Happy baking!
Servings: Makes 8 chunky pieces
Macros per piece:
97kcal / 9.5g protein / 10g carbs / 1.5g fat / 2g fibre
100g oats (regular or gluten free)
175g finely grated courgette
60g vanilla protein powder
1 whole egg
130g egg whites
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl & mix well (by hand - do NOT blend).
3. Line a baking tin of choice with baking paper (I used a standard size loaf tin).
4. Pour mix into tin & press down until level.
5. Place in oven for 15-20mins (the cake should still be a little squidgy when it comes out to avoid "drying out" as it cools).
6. Remove from oven, tin & paper, cut into slices & place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Eat! :-)