Sticking with all things pink & girly I thought i'd see what else I could create using my donut mix as a base recipe.
This cake is packed full of melted marshmallow & is super squidgy & gooey. The best bit is it's less than 90 calories a piece too!
Servings: Makes 6 pieces
Macros per piece:
89kcal / 8g protein / 7.5g carbs / 2.3g fat / 2.5g fibre
40g coconut flour (I used one by Tiana from Holland & Barratt but this is also available in the baking aisle in large Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose stores).
25g vanilla protein powder
60g Apple Sauce (I used Waitrose Essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
80g egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
1/2 tsp natural pink food colouring
40g marshmallows of choice (I used heart shape ones to make the cake look "prettier")
10g Choc Shot (available in hot chocolate aisle of supermarket)
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Set 6 marshmallows aside then chop the remaining ones into tiny pieces.
3. Place all ingredients except for food colouring, marshmallows & Choc Shot in blender & mix well. 4. Pour half the mix into a lined baking tray (I used a disposable foil brownie tray - available at Waitrose).
5. Add the pink food colouring to the other half of the mixture & mix well until pink.
6. Swirl the pink mix & marshmallows into the vanilla mix - drizzle over Choc Shot.
7. Push the 6 Marshmallows into the top of the cake (spread evenly thinking about where you will cut the cake so you get one big marshmallow per slice).
8. Place in oven for 15-20mins (or until golden brown & toasted).
9. Slice & eat! :-)
Tip: This cake is best enjoyed fresh from the oven (whilst the marshmallows are still gooey!)