A blueberry muffin with 8g protein & only 2.5g fat... yes please!
A blueberry muffin & a coffee is one of my favourite grab & go treats, however standard shop bought "skinny" muffins can still clock up to a whopping 450 calories! They also rarely contain any protein. Therefore, I thought i'd have a little play in the kitchen & came up with these! They're also gluten free too.
Servings: Makes 9 muffins
Macros per muffin:
80kcal / 8g protein / 8.5g carbs / 2.4g fat / 2.7g fibre
60g coconut flour
60g vanilla protein powder
60ml semi skimmed milk
5g coconut oil
60g apple sauce
80g egg whites
30g Sukrin Gold (brown sugar substitute available in the baking section as Sainsbury's, Tesco & Waitrose - you can substitute this for 15g stevia if desired)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Place 9 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
3. In a blender add all ingredients except blueberries & mix well.
4. Stir in blueberries by hand.
5. Pour mix into muffin cases - fill to top as muffins will only rise slightly.
6. Bake in oven for 15 mins (or until golden brown on top) - you almost want the muffins to be slightly under done as they come out of the oven to stop them drying out as they cool.
7. Remove from oven & place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Eat! :-)