This looks so simple but it's one of my favourite ever recipes! Another warming winter recipe - Apple & Blackberry Loaf. I'm loving warm cakes with cold custard at the moment & this one is a personal favourite of mine, not least because the whole loaf is only 573 calories....I actually ate a whole one for breakfast yesterday (don't judge me, I had a tough workout..).
Servings: Makes 8 slices
Macros per slice: 72kcal / 9g protein / 4g carbs / 1.7g fat / 1.5g fibre
45g almond flour (I used one by Sukrin - available as Tesco, Sainsburys & Waitrose)
60g vanilla protein powder
100g apple sauce (I used Waitrose essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
1 large egg
30g egg whites
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
15g sweetener of choice (I used Sukrin Gold)
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Place all "cake" ingredients (except blackberries) into a food processor/mixer & mix well. 3. Stir in the blackberries by hand.
4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
5. Pour the mix into the tin & bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove cake from tin & paper, leave on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
7. Enjoy warm or store in tupperware for up to 3 days.
Happy eating! :-)