Bananas are never wasted in my house, even when they're really speckled. This actually makes them perfect for baking as at this stage they're super sweet.
My protein banana bread is one of my favourite recipes (nothing beats the smell of a loaf in the oven!) but this time I thought i'd give it a slightly more indulgent twist with some peanut butter & a swirl of raspberry jam.
This one is delicious on it's own or served as a dessert with custard.
If you want to make the recipe a little lower in fat just switch the peanut butter for 20g powdered peanut butter or peanut flour.
Servings: Makes 8 chunky slices
Macros per slice: 133kcal / 8.3g protein / 17.6g carbs / 3.1g fat / 1.6g fibre
2 large ripe bananas
100g oats (regular or gluten free)
100g egg whites
40g vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp jam
100ml water (or milk)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C & line a loaf tin with non stick baking paper
2. In a mixer or food processor, mix together all ingredients until a smooth, thick batter is formed.
3. Pour batter into baking tin.
4. Blob in jam using a spoon & then swirl into mixture using a knife (this will make jammy pockets throughout the loaf).
5. Bake in centre of oven for 12-15 minutes.
6. Place on a wire rack to cool.
6. Slice & eat! :-)