Cinnamon-Apple Protein Donuts - a gluten free alternative to help you get your apple pie fix on a diet!
These are delicious cold or my personal preference is to have them warm from the oven/donut maker with warm apple filling too!
I invested in a donut maker to make these but you can make them using a regular donut mould in the oven. If you're a big donut fan it is definitely worth investing in a donut maker though as in my opinion it really does make a huge difference to the end result! You can buy one HERE.
Servings: Makes 9 Mini Donuts
Macros per Donut:
60kcal / 5g protein / 5g carbs / 2g fat / 2g fibre
40g coconut flour (I used one by Tiana from Holland & Barratt but this is also available in the baking aisle in large Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose stores).
25g vanilla protein powder
60g Apple Sauce (I used Waitrose Essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
80g egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
100g Apple Sauce (I used more Waitrose Essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 180c (or preheat donut maker as per instructions if using one).
2. Place all ingredients in a blender & mix until thick.
3. Spoon mix into donut maker & cook for 3 minutes. If using a donut mould spray using 1 calorie cooking spray (such as Fry Light Butter Spray) & place in oven for approx 25 minutes.
4. Slice each donut in half, add apple filling.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon (to taste) & eat! :-)