When creating a range of protein bar flavours this one was a must for me. As you may have gathered from my other recipes, I love anything banana flavoured. Combine that with peanut butter & chocolate chips & you're on to a winner.
To make the bars as sweet as possible, make sure your bananas are really ripe. If you need them to ripen a little quicker try placing them near a radiator in a plastic bag.
Servings: Makes 5 bars
Macros per bar: 160kcal / 12g protein / 15g carbs / 6g fat / 1.5g fibre
1 large banana
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 scoops vanilla or banana protein powder
2 tsp honey or agave
25g dark chocolate chips
splash almond milk
Optional: Choc Shot to decorate
1. Blend together banana, protein powder, honey & peanut butter to form a paste.
2. Stir in oats & chocolate chips to form a thick cookie batter. This should be like cookie dough. If the mix looks a little dry then add a TINY bit of almond milk.
3. Place mix in a square tin of choice, lined with baking paper or cling film (for easy removal). I use a disposable foil brownie tray, available in most supermarkets when I make these to save washing up!
4. Flatten mix so top is smooth & decorate as desired with Choc Shot.
5. Allow the bars to harden in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
6. Eat within 3 days :-)